The Thrones of Scripture
Scripture Reading: Revelation 21:1-6; 22:1-6.
The Throne of God and of the Lamb: The Throne of Life.
In these passages we have symbolically described some of the glorious scenes of the Eternal State.
The work of the Transformer (chap. 21:5): “Behold, I make all things new.” This involves a new birth, a new creation, a new life, a new man, a new song, etc.
The new creation has a spiritual (2 Cor. 5:17) as well as a material aspect (chap. 21:1-6): the new earth, a new city, a new covenant, and a new constitution.
The wonders of the transformation (chap. 22:1-6):
1. Perfect Rest (chap. 21:1). No more sea. The sea suggests change, trouble and separation.
2. Perfect Provision (chap. 22:1-2): Food, fruit and leaves. The food and fruit will be for nutrition and the leaves for healing, preventative medicine.
3. Perfect Blessing (chap. 22:3): No more curse. No longer will there be the evidences of the curse in the garden and on the field.
4. Perfect Government (chap. 22:3): There will be no more lawlessness for the Eternal State will be governed in righteousness.
5. Perfect Service (chap. 22:3): His servants shall serve Him. This service will be public consisting of worship and ministry. It will be a perfect illustration of Romans 12:1.
6. Perfect Vision (chap. 22:4): They shall see His face. There will be no veil or curtains to hide the Lord from view.
7. Perfect Reflection (chap. 22:4): His name shall be on their foreheads. The beauty of the Lord Jesus will then be impressed upon all His own (2 Cor. 3:18).
8. Perfect Illumination (chap. 22:5): There will be no night there, no need for any created lights, no sun, no moon; nor will there be any need for artificial lights, not even a candle, for the Lamb shall be the light of all that glorious scene.