Our relationship to the Lord Jesus Christ is likened in Scripture to the marriage bond (Romans 7:4; Ephesians 5:30-32). No honest husband or wife would attempt to conceal the fact that he or she is united to another in marriage. It is our glorious privilege to announce to anyone who will listen that we are linked to our wonderful Lord in an eternal union. Think of being one with the King of all kings and the Lord of all lords! There is no proper reason before God to hide this fact. To attempt to do so would be insulting to him.
1. What must we do if Christ is to acknowledge us in Heaven? (Luke 12:8-9)
2. What will He do if we fail to do this? (Matthew 10:32-33)
Those who believe in the Lord Jesus are commanded to show their association with Him by an outward ceremony which is a type of public initiation.
3. What two things did Jesus command His disciples to do as they went throughout the world? (Matthew 28:19)
4. What did Peter command those who believed the Gospel message? (Acts 2:38-41)
5. What is the necessary condition to being baptized? (Acts 8:36-37)
6. What comes first, believing or baptism? (Acts 10:47; 18:8)
7. How is baptism in water performed? (Acts 8:38-39)
8. What is symbolized in baptism according to Romans 6:3-5?
Ask yourself these questions:
When and where did you clearly confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior before others?
When did you pass through the waters of baptism after becoming united with Him in salvation?
How has your life as a baptized Christian demonstrated that you have truly died with Him and are risen again to walk in newness of life?
Review Romans 10:9; 1 John 5:13
Memorize Acts 2:41, “So then those who had received his word were baptized; and there were added that day about three thousand souls.”
Matthew 28:19, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”